Thursday 4 June 2009

Setting Off

As most of you know, I am leaving this evening to begin my adventures in Bangladesh. I will be interning at Grameen Bank  - the institution attributed with founding microfinance. I will also be staying at a $12 a night hotel, flying into the start of their monsoon season and generally being thrown way out of my normal summer comfort zone. 
I will use this blog as a way to update all of you - friends and family - who have either expressed a genuine desire to know what I am getting up to or a sadistic curiosity to see whether I can stick it through. I am not sure how accessible internet will be when I am there, nor if my bbm will work at all, but I will make every effort to ensure I update this as often as possible. I will even try and get hold of a camera to spice this up with pictures and videos. 
So until next time from Dhaka, 
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment